The street where I live...

The street where I live...

Thursday 20 September 2012

Neurotic and Themeless

I have been feeling, as a blog owner, remiss at not having posted in earnest in some time.  Thing is, I haven't really had any burning subject to address.  There is much on my mind, as usual, but nothing that is shaking itself down into a single, neat little theme.  So for now here are a few subjects I have crowding my neurotic brain:

1. I HATE dealing with money.  Hate it.  And now that I have a house and kids and a reasonable income I have to get over my lifelong aversion to learning how money REALLY works in this complicated society.  Ugh.  The very thought of it all makes me want to have a little lie down.

2. One of my absolute, rage inducing peeves right now is second hand parenting - when other people decide to chime in and parent my kids.  I try never to do this to other kids, but yesterday I had to bite my tongue hard when other parents made me feel inadequate.  Their kids do stuff I don't like, or agree with, and I have never ONCE had to gall to say anything to their child.  In fact, I go out of my way to be loving to other peoples' kids, no matter what they do.  Because I remember so keenly how deeply affected I was by the admonishments of grown ups who were not my parents.  So there you go...I'm better than you!  (Ha - that was said very much with tongue in cheek.)

3. Now that the season is over I am reminding myself of rule number one of living in a town this tiny - do not let anything anyone else thinks or says about you in.  Don't worry about people who have opinions about how you keep your yard, or if you put up enough Christmas lights, or why you are no longer friends with someone, or where you park your car.  Don't worry about it, try not to think about it, and just try to be courteous and live peacefully among it all.

That's all for now.  A better post is coming.  I promise.  Soon.  Well, soon-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment